CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Thing #4 – Flickr

The organizational options in Flickr are plentiful but like the current discussion about tags versus subject headings in the world of library catalogs, the organizer in me would love more consistency --- at least for SELCO’s photo array!

Our Flickr account keeps growing with over 461 pix today. We do an okay job tagging but the terms vary and 62 were blank, although I fixed 22 while working on this blog posting. (Maybe the other orphan pix will get tagged on another cloudy Saturday.)

Flickr makes it easy to create sets and insert a web link to a small selection of pix on the same topic. So a news item or a blog post on Rural Sustainability connects directly to our LSTA program photos. We also have sets for each type of library:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your post made me go and look at how the SELCO photos were organized - I created a collection on rural sustainability. However, I ended up changing the set that you refer to in your post to Asset Based Communities, so wanted to use my comment to help update your post. Here's what I created: http://www.flickr.com/photos/selco/collections/72157603860660816/